Finding Code Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Code Help

After about 2 hours of searching, I need some help locating some things.

1) I want to remove the search box in the header area. Where do I remove it or turn it off?

2) When reading a blog post, where would I remove the "Tags", "Latest From" and "Related Items" that are displayed below the article?

Thanks...

Dear Leyte,

For 2 custom above you should use child theme
    Then copy and modify code on header.php and other blog single file : content-single.php to your jv-hosting-child.

Best regards.

Comment

1) Found search box code in header.php and removed it. Solved.

2) Removing code from content-single.php did NOT remove remove the "Tags", "Latest From" and "Related Items" that are displayed below the article. In fact, I even tried removing all the code from the content-single.php file, cleared my Cache and closed/reopened my browser and it made no difference to the blog post. Where else should I look for the code to remove the "Tags", "Latest From" and "Related Items" that are displayed below the article?

Comment

Dear Leyte,

Not removing ALL code from jv-hosting-child/content-single.php : you should only removing a part of code: (see ref below: maybe number of lines are different from yours)

1. Remove line 158 -> 176

2. Remove 121 --> 125

PS: Remember to use child theme or backup every update.

Best regards.

Comment

As I previously stated, removing code from content-single.php does NOT change anything on my blog page post. Even after clearing my cache and restarting my browser, it is still there. When I commented about removing everything, it was to show you that even if I removed everything from the content-single.php file, it does not change anything on my blog. So whether if I remove the code you suggested or removing everything, it makes no difference.

Comment

Can you please respond to my last message?

Comment

Dear Leyte,

Did you use & activate jv-hosting-child theme?
              Remember that you've contacted with us via email? why don't you send us email via joomlavi.dev (at) gmail, we'll send that custom file for you.

Sorry for being late, we have too many task these days.

Regards

Comment

Yes, I was using child theme. Email sent.

Comment

Working...
                X