Downloading JV Bookmark
To have the privilege to download this module, you only need to sign up for a membership account (free or paid).
After your successful registration, Log into your account, go to JV Bookmark overview page, in the page you can view general information as well as download button.
Click on "Download" to go to download page:
Installing JV Bookmark
Once you get the extension package downloaded on your computer, next you need to install it on your Joomla Site
In the administration area, navigate to Extensions >> Extension Manager, there are 3 ways to install the package: Upload & Install, Install from Directory, Install from Url.
After accessing to Extension Manager, you will auto land on the first way, browse the zip package your download. Click on "Upload & Install"
You will see a announcement message on green screen after successful installation
A¦ctivate the module
Because JV Bookmark is a module, therefore you navigate to Extensions >> Module Manager, Click on JV Bookmark.
In the new page, tab module, select a position for the module and publish the module
Then you move to tab Menu Assignment to assign the module to specific menu items. In this tab, you have 4 choices: On all pages, No pages, Only the pages selected, On all pages except those selected.
You can select any menu items by ticking in the box beside them.
Click "Save", you successfully enable the module. Next, we will configure the module through its parameters
Also in the tab module, you can configure main parameters affecting the module as you can see below:
- Show Bookmark site: enable/disable the Bookmark button in your site.
- Show image: enable/disable the image assigned to your Bookmark site button. You can find and replace the image by following this path in your source folder: modules/mod_jvbookmark/tmpl/images/mod_jvbookmark_site.gif
- Show Bookmark page: enable/disable the Bookmark button for the current page.
- Show image: enable/disable the image assigned to your Bookmark page button. You can find and replace the image by following this path in your source folder: modules/mod_jvbookmark/tmpl/ images/mod_jvbookmark_page.gif
- Show Google Bookmark: enable/disable the Google Bookmark button.
- Show Facebook Sharing: enable/disable the Facebook Sharing button.
- Show Twitter Sharing: enable/disable the Twitter Sharing button.
- Show Myspace Sharing: enable/disable the Myspace Sharing button.
- Show Zingme Sharing: you enable/disable the Zingme Sharing button.
- Show Bookmark: you enable/disable the custom Bookmark button.
- Show image: enable/disable the image assigned to your Bookmark button. It share the same image file as the Bookmark page button.
- Link text: The text that will be displayed instead of the default ‘bookmark’
- Title: The string you enter into this field will be used as the Bookmark’s title.
- Link URL: This is where you enter the URL of the page/site you assign to the Show Bookmark button.
- Module Class Suffix: The string you enter here will be used as this Module’s class suffix
Go to the tab Module Permissions, in this tab you manage actions for user groups:
Delete: selected group is allowed/denied/inherited (from parent) to delete the module
Edit: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied): selected group is allowed/denied/inherited (from parent) to edit the module
Edit State: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). selected group is allowed/denied/inherited (from parent) to edit state of the module
If you need further custom HTML & CSS for the module you can work with this tab
Module Tag: The HTML tag for the module to be placed in. By default this is a div tag but other HTML5 elements can also be used.
Bootstrap Size: (Values 0 to 12) This allows you to choose the width of the module via the span element built into bootstrap. For more information see the bootstrap documentation.
Header Tag: The HTML tag to use for the modules header or title this can be either a h1-h6 tag or a p tag.
Header Class: Here you can add optional CSS classes to add to the modules header or title element.
Module Style: You can use this option to override the templates style for its position.
Let's check the module result in front-end