This extension is totally free! To download this extension, you need to sign up for free membership to get privilege to download this extension.
After signing up, log in to you account, go to download area where you can download the package within 2 clicks
Once you have JV Gplus downloaded on your computer, navigate to Extensions >> Extension Manager to install JV Gplus.
If the package has its name as unzip_first.zip. Please extract the package first.
You can install the extensions by 3 ways, but I am choosing the first one - "Upload Package file", this is the quickest way to install extension on Joomla!,
Browse the package you downloaded, then click Upload & Install. JV Gplus installation is now sucessfully completed.
In case you are not familiar with extension installation or want to find out more about 3 ways of installation on both Joomla 2.5 and 3x, view the following link :
Enable the module
This is a very important section to make sure the module displayed in front-end.
To successfully enable the module, first, navigate to Extensions >> Module Manager >> JV Gplus
Then do 3 must pass things:
- Publish the module.
- Select a position for the module.
- Assign the module to specific page(s)/menu item(s)
Select tab Menu Assignment in the bar below the module title. In this tab, there for assign the module: On all pages, No pages, Only the pages selected, On all pages except those selected.
New installed module will be assigned on No pages by default, so you need to assign the module to specific pages/menu items.
Also in the backend, go to Extension >> Module Manager>> JV Gplus. You will see 4 tabs: Module, Menu Assignment, Module Permissions, Advanced. The tab Menu Assignment was mentioned when enabling the module. Now we will only go to the other tabs to configure and find out their parameters
1. Tab Module
This is always the most important tab when you manage the module, it contains most of important parameters.
- Position: select position (default by Joomla, Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right). If "default by Joomla" Gplus buttom will be fixed in module display in a specific template position. Remaining choices will fix position of the gplus button.
- URL To +1: enter Gplus URL
- Detect URL Auto: (yes/no)
- Size: select size for Gplus button
- Language: select language
- Include count: select whether show gplus counter or not
- Parse: select default / Explicit
- JS Callback Function: set Java Script callback function if you need
- Module Class Suffix: enter suffix to be applied to CSS class of module. This allows for individual module style.
2. Tab Module Permissions
This tab helps you to set permission for groups to delete/edit/change state any content of the extension
Delete (Inherited/Allowed/Denied): Allow or deny Delete for users in the Public group. Delete Allows users in the group to delete any content in this extension.
Edit (Inherited/Allowed/Denied): Allow or deny Edit for users in the Public group. Edit Allows users in the group to edit any content in this extension.
Edit State (Inherited/Allowed/Denied): Allow or deny Edit State for users in the Public group. Edit State Allows users in the group to change the state of any content in this extension.
4. Tab Advanced
Within this tab to you can configure advanced parameters for the module
- Module Tag: The HTML tag for the module to be placed in. By default this is a div tag but other HTML5 elements can also be used.
- Bootstrap Size: (Values 0 to 12) This allows you to choose the width of the module via the span element built into bootstrap. For more information see the bootstrap documentation.
- Header Tag: The HTML tag to use for the modules header or title this can be either a h1-h6 tag or a p tag.
- Header Class: Here you can add optional CSS classes to add to the modules header or title element.
- Module Style: You can use this option to override the templates style for its position.