JV Yahoo Weather is completely free for everybody. To download the module, you need to register for a free membership package or if you have a paid membership account
Log-in to your account and go to JV Yahoo Weather download page, from there you can view the features, and general information of the modules and especially, you can download this module by clicking on the download button.
Be happy because we always update the latest version. If you find out any bug, please let us know, it would be helpful for us.
Once you have JV Yahoo Weather zip file downloaded on your computer. Now it's time to install it on Joomla. There are three ways of installation in Joomla, each way is a little bit different.
If you install from package file, please extract the JV Weather zip file, you will get a single folder contains all files. Go to the single folder, select all the files to add to archive with zip format. Now you will have a zip file for installation. Browse that zip file and click "upload an install".
If you install from directory, just extract the JV Yahoo Weather zip file and enter the directory, then click install
If you are not familiar with Extensions (templates, modules, plugins and components) Installation, please check the following guide:
After successful installation, next step you need to do is activate this module and configure the module
Navigate to Extensions => Module Manager, you will see a list of modules install in your Joomla!
If your site has lots of modules, you can use filter to search for the module.
As you can see in the picture above: JV Yahoo Weather has not been published and set position, title is JV Yahoo Weather, assigned on all pages...
Click on JV Yahoo Weather to manage the module: there are many tabs in the module. But when you first access JV Yahoo Weather manager you will land on the first tab "module". This is the most important tab, as you can see in the picture below:
In this tab, there are 3 section you must configure to make JV Yahoo Weather display on your site:
- Tittle: a module must have a tittle, if not you can not save your settings
- Position: It's very essential to set the position for this module, If you do not set position for JV Yahoo Weather, It can not appear on front-end. Here I choose position right, but you can select your own position.
- Status: Remember to select published, some people usually forget this section and wonder why their module do not display on front-end.
- Woeid address: This is Woeid number of the location you want to display weather forecast. Each location has a specific number, to find a Woeid number of any location, click "Find woeid here"
- Time to update the weather data: Add value (minutes)
- Unit: select Degree ( Celsius / Fahrenheit
- Show form: Show/hide Woeid insert form for front-end user
- Show current time: Show/hide current your time
- Show condition: Show/hide current weather condition
- Show temperature: Show/hide current temperature
- Show rising: Show/hide rising status
- Show wind condition: Show/hide current Wind Condition
- Show humidity: Show/hide humidity
- Show visibility: Show/hide visibility
- Show pressure: Show/hide pressure condition
- Show UV index: Show/hide Ultraviolet index
- Show UV description: Show/hide Ultraviolet description
- Show sunrise: Show/hide sunrise time
- Show sunset: Show/hide sunset time
- Show next day forecast: Set next days being shown 0,1,2
- Align Icon: set align position for icon ( left, right, none)
- Module Class suffix: create a new CSS class or modify the existing CSS class
- Show title: Show/hide tittle
- Start publishing: Choose a day to start publishing the module
- Start finishing: Choose a day to finish publishing the module
- Access: choose a access level group that is allow to view the module on front-end
- Ordering: choose order for the module among those have same module position
- Language: choose language
- Note: enter optional note to display in module list
Tab Module Assignment-
This tab is also a must pass section, it allows you to assign the module on pages. You can assign on all pages, no pages, only on the pages selected or on all pages except those selected. 4 choices for you convenience.
- On all pages: the module will be shown on all pages
- No pages: the module will be shown on no pages
- Only the pages selected: the module will be shown on the pages selected by ticking in the box(es)
- On all pages except those selected: the module will be shown on all pages except those selected by ticking the box(es)
Tab Module Permission
This tab helps you to set permission for groups to delete/edit/change state any content of the extension
Delete: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Delete for users in the Public group. Delete Allows users in the group to delete any content in this extension.
Edit: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Edit for users in the Public group. Edit Allows users in the group to edit any content in this extension.
Edit State: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Edit State for users in the Public group. Edit State Allows users in the group to change the state of any content in this extension.
- Module Tag. The HTML tag for the module to be placed in. By default this is a div tag but other HTML5 elements can also be used.
- Bootstrap Size. (Values 0 to 12) This allows you to choose the width of the module via the span element built into bootstrap. For more information see the bootstrap documentation.
- Header Tag. The HTML tag to use for the modules header or title this can be either a h1-h6 tag or a p tag.
- Header Class. Here you can add optional CSS classes to add to the modules header or title element.
- Module Style. You can use this option to override the templates style for its position.
Now it's time to check the front-end appearance of the module.